New this year is an opportunity for Georgia Public Library Service to designate a portion of the FY2018 MRR Technology Funds for scaleable projects for all libraries. Items to be purchased are listed below.
Dremel 3-D Printer+Littlebits+ Programming combo ($275k)
- For 63 Systems: Dremel 3D printer+Littlebits+programming combo:
- A laptop is needed to make it all work. Can be Chrome or any other machine.
- Programming included, bundled in the cost.
Result: a 3D Printer in every library system in Georgia
Additional Tech Loaner Kits ($75k) – Additional funds may be added to this after libraries make a choice on their level of participation.
- Mobile Programming
- Smart Library
- MATCH! GPLS will provide funding for Technical Writer to provide for Professional Level Documentation for all Kits.
Visit the Tech Loaner Kit page to see what kits are currently available.
PINES Servers = ($50k) + – Additional funds may be added to this after libraries make a choice on their level of participation.
Utilizing a portion of MRR Tech Funds to purchase PINES servers frees up resources that can be used for the following services:
- Aid PINES in colocation move
- Enables PINES to keep expanding/taking on additional systems
- Increase statewide services:
- Linked data project
- NoveList Select contentC
- Courier service