Post about Georgia’s Network Project on District Dispatch – News for Friends of Libraries from the ALA Washington Office.
Network Project Documentation
- Map of ISP’s providing Broadband for Georgia’s libraries
- ISP Technology Reimbursement Form
- Top Level breakdown of the Network Re-Architecture in Georgia’s libraries.
- Georgia Public Libraries – Impact Stories
- Evolution of Hybrid Network Model
FAQs – To assist public libraries in Georgia with choosing internet service providers, we have created some FAQs… here.
Filtering Primer – this page describes what URL filtering is, how it works and some suggested products.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO EXISTING NETWORK, MANAGED BY GPLS:
FAQS: Everything from DNS servers to your IP addressing scheme to monitoring your bandwidth
GPLS Hosted Services: IT services that GPLS provides to public libraries in Georgia: the libraries intranet, web-hosting, email hosting, & URL filtering.
Michael Tucker | Forsyth County Public Library: – Bandwidth Throttling: How To Manage Internet Traffic More Effectively
J. Benjamin Dudley | East Central Georgia Regional: – Managing Networks