The act of navigating the various avenues within the IT Purchasing realm can be tricky. On this page, we will provide you resources to make your journey an easier one.
The first step in determining what you need is to know what you have. Click the link below to get a sample inventory form and information on creating a replacement cycle for your equipment.
PURCHASING SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
- USG Software Resource & Services – Affordable, brand name software and services for their work or personal computers available for University System of Georgia’s faculty, staff and students.
- State Contracts – Access the Statewide Contract Index to view vendors and categories.
- TechSoup.org – Get more information from Diana.
- 2014 Technology Boot Camp IT Vendors and Products Survey Results for a list of technology employed by Georgia libraries, organized by functionality.
- Librarians’ Yellow Pages – A buyer’s guide for the library community.
- Library Technology Guides – Provides information on the technology products, companies, and trends that impact libraries.
- Won’t Get Fooled Again – Vendor Assessment & Negotiation Best Practices
Presented at the 2014 Tech Boot Camp by Emily Almond, Director of IT at GPLS.